Hi My Dears :D
Firstly I apologise for the length of time between posts!
A LOT has been happening in the world of 1 ruby road indeed!
Here's a small snap and I promise to fill in the gaps ASAP!
1. We went unconditional on a little house after months and MONTHS of stressful looking
2. I decided to change our families lives and go sugar-fructose free, additive free AND organic as much as we can too!
3. Settled on our house on the 21st of DEC 2012...STUPID IDEA!!!!!
4. have 3 weeks of manic renovations, packing, moving...fitting in a Christmas and new years somewhere! (also a birthday and anniversary :/)...all with our 4 kiddos underfoot...DO NOT RECOMMEND!
5. Our beautiful Town of Bundaberg was Devastated with floods :(
6. Our girls started their new school and miss 5 started prep... after a bit of a delay due to the floods (anti~climax to the MAX! Miss 5 thought she had to wait ANOTHER year! :/)
7. We raised a FANTASTIC $1800 for the Red Cross Flood appeal via an auction on our facebook page... CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU!!
8. Hubby took 3 weeks off work to ripout and replace our DISGUSTING dumpy kitchen and replace it with a functional, CLEAN and stylish new one!! Huzzah!!!
In the included 3 weeks our youngest grub (miss 3) fell ill with a BAD tummy bug...it was horrendous and she had to be monitored in hospital twice...Oh and in the thick of the spew and poo bug our washing machine died...YAY! :/
AND we bought a new one and it took a week to arrive DUE TO MORE FLOODING! Gaaaaaaa!
9. Hubby is now back at work...and miss 3 is back at daycare.. freeing up 10mins for me to share a recipe I posted this morning on my instagram!
These are so tasty! They remind me of cheese shapes actually! Bare in mind my taste buds have changed....so if you are still a sugar eater it might taste different to you??????
Ps...maybe not decide to make them at 7:30am for your kids lunch...You WILL be late for school! ;)
So here it is...
75g butter chopped (NOT marg)
100g Plain Flour
100g cheddar or tasty cheese (grated)
approx 1 tsp water (I just put a splash in to make it less dry, if your game you could use lemon juice!)
salt and cracked black pepper to taste
(I used 4 turns of salt and 5 turns of pepper...my kids like pepper! and it doesn't taste "spicy" to me at all)
Place butter and flour in the food processor and blitz until mix resembles breadcrumbs.
Add the cheese, water or lemon juice, salt and cracked pepper and blitz till it forms a ball.
remove the dough and plop onto some glad wrap...roll into a log...wrap and put in the fridge for 20mins for the butter to set. (this step is VITAL or your bikkies will just be a crumbly mess)
After 20mins break into walnut sized drops and roll, pop onto a lined baking tray and press with a fork. Should yield about a dozen or so bikkes with that size.
Pop into a preheated over at 200 degrees for about 15mins...till golden.
Enjoy Hot with a cuppa or cold in the kids lunch box....YUM!!!!!!
*Please note...this recipe is NOT gluten free but could easily be adapted with gluten free flour
*We eat FULL FAT in our sugar free diet...I'll explain more in my next blog post!
*I used organic flour, cheese and butter for Woollies Macro range (LOVE!!)
Let me know if you cook these and your thoughts! Take a pic and hash tag #1rubyroad on instagram for me to take a look! ALSO follow us on instagram at kylie1rubyroad.